- When the customer registers/transfers/updates a domain an e-mail is sent to the registrant. In the e-mail is a link, that the registrant must use to confirm his e-mail address. When he clicks on the link, he lands on a neutral website (http://registrant-verification.com/...) with the confirmation. On this page no action is required.
- If the e-mail was already confirmed in the past, no verification is needed
- Verification request is pending for 15 days, awaiting affirmative response.
- 1st reminder email verification request 7 days after initial request. 2nd reminder email verification request 15 days after initial request
- When the customer clicks the link in their verification-email, they will be taken to reseller branded landing page confirming verification has been successful.
- If the customer does not provide an affirmative response within 15 days after order is submitted, daily reminders are submitted until 30 days after order was submitted
- If the customer did not provide affirmative response within a total of 30 days after we received the order, the domain name will be parked. All queries to the domain or website will be directed to a neutral parking page.
- Should the customer verify his email after the first 15 days , a nameserver update is requested for the partner
Verification process for registrations and transfers
- The domain is registered and the status is PENDING_VERIFICATION
- When the e-mail is verifified, the status changes to ACTIVE.
- The registrant must be verified in 30 days. Otherwise the domain is PARKED.
- If the e-mail address is wrong, it can be changed with a Registrant Details Update.
Verification process for Owner Changes and Registrant Details Update
- If owner email is already verified, verification will not be requested.
- If the existing (not verified) email is not changed, due to the update order, verification will not be requested
- The update order in submitted will complete immediately (as today).
- If email is changed due to the update, a verification request is submitted to the customer
- If the customer does not provide an affirmative response within a total of 30 days after we received the order, the domain name will be parked (details described below)
- It is always possible to restart the verification process by submitting a new update order (in case the email for some reason was erroneous)
How to integrate the Registrant Verification:
1. We send e-mails to the registrant
- We send e-mail directly to your customer
- The partner adds our SPF record into the zone of the partners DNS-server. This is the SPF record:
"v=spf1 mx ip4:220.127.116.11/32 -all"
- With SPF record we can use the partners e-mail address as mail-from.
- We can create partner-templates with the partner language and text
- Please ask partnerservice for help.
You can provide us the mail-from, reply-to, subject-template, body-template and SPF. With that we can send mails and they look like yours. Here some examples:
- Registrant verification template #1
- Registrant verification template #2
- Registrant verification template #3
2. The partner sends e-mails and uploads them as a proof
- Before the customer registers/transfers/renews a domain, the partner send the verification-mail to his customer (registrant)
- The partners uploads the e-mail via AWS. With that we can proof the the mail was sent.
- We won't send e-mails if the the partner has registrant-verification-mails deactivated in his account-settings.
- Please ask you integration specialist Manuel Lautenschlager for help
Use this method if:
- You what to generate your individual mails with dynamic content
- You allready have a messaging-module and what to continue using it
- You have resellers as customer and you send the reminders for them
- Your company policy forces you to send your own e-mails
- You want you customized registrant verification confirmation website on your domain
Please click here for an example.
WSDL for AWS v2