Defensive - DPML
The Domain Protected Mark List (DPML) allows trademark holders the ability to block their trademarked names from registration across all of the TLDs supported by a given registry. Currently, DPML is supported by Donuts and Rightside registries.
The trademark holder can submit an exact match (e.g. Example.Ninja) or a term that contains their exact match trademarks (e.g. Microsoft, Google). The entry is then blocked from all registrations on new TLDs for that Registry for a given period of time.
DPML is a five-year block for an exact match second level domain (SLD) across standard-priced Donuts TLDs. DPML subscribers can submit unlimited overrides of blocked terms, without incurring additional wholesale override fees.
DPML Plus is a ten-year block for an exact-match, second-level domain (SLD) across all Donuts TLDs that includes—for the first time—the ability for your client to block misspells of its mark at no additional charge.
Other unique benefits include:
- the ability to block an exact-match mark plus three additional strings that contain the mark or are misspellings of the mark
- more than three “contains” or misspelled strings can be added for an additional fee
- blocks for all premium second-level domains
- blocks are not subject to overrides by other parties with the same trademark, without the consent of the applicable DPML Plus block holder
- the ability for subscribers to submit unlimited overrides of blocked terms (for no wholesale override fee) if the mark holder elects to register and use previously blocked terms*.
- Your client may add additional terms – over and above the three included in the DPML Plus package – for an additional fee per blocked SLD.
- Donuts retains the right to review and approve all DPML Plus applications (e.g. registry may decline to block certain three-character and common dictionary terms).
Please configure the IP-Whitelisting in the portal/demo-portal.